- 140g Flour
- 20g deZaan Crimson Red Cocoa Powder
- 1g Salt
- 6g Baking Powder
- 130g Butter
- 110g Confectioners' Sugar
- 50g Egg Yolks
- 10g Vanilla Paste
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder together. Mix to combine.
- Cream the butter and confectioners' sugar. Add in the egg yolks and vanilla paste.
- Mix in the sifted dry ingredients until just combined.
- Scoop the dough into 4cm sprayed round molds. Bake at 180°C/350°F for about 5 minutes.
- Once removed from the oven, use a measuring spoon and press the center in.
- Allow to cool.
- 250g Cream 35%
- 100g Granulated Sugar
- 75g deZaan Crimson Red Cocoa Powder
- 110g Butter
- Heat the cream and sugar to a simmer. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Blend in the cocoa powder, followed by the butter.
- Allow to set overnight.
- Place in a piping bag with a star tip.
- 300g Blood Orange Puree
- 100g Granulated Sugar
- 4g Vanilla Paste
- 4g Agar Agar
- Combine and whisk all of the ingredients in a pot.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Spread onto a sheet tray and allow to set up, overnight or at least an hour in the refrigerator.
- Once set, break into small pieces and blend until smooth and then strain.
- Cocoa-coated Chocolate Discs
- Toasted Coconut Flakes
- Pipe the ganache into the Crimson Red sable breton.
- Using a heated measuring spoon, create a divot in the center of the ganache.
- Pipe in the blood orange gel in the center of the ganache. Top with a cocoa-coated chocolate disc and push slightly down.
- Garnish the exposed sides with toasted coconut.
- Pipe a dot of the blood orange gel on top.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how