- Mix the flour and cocoa powder until combined.
- Mix in the egg whites to make a smooth paste.
- Melt the coconut fat along with sugar.
- Add the fat mixture to the paste. Mix until combined.
- Spread approx. 10-12g of tuile mix onto a silpat in a long rectangular shape.
- Place the silpat onto a sheet tray and bake at 165°C/329°F for approx. 5-6 minutes.
- Once baked, keep the oven door open and place the cannoli tuile at the edge of the tuile and roll it into a cylinder reaching the opposite end of the rectangle.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool onto a sheet tray.
- Reserve in a cool and dry place.
For Sealing The Tuile:
- Melt the cocoa butter.
- Carefully dip the tuile into the cocoa butter.
- Shak the tuile to remove excess cocoa butter, creating a thin layer over the tuile.
- Reserve in the freezer until ready to fill.
- 2,293g Hazelnut Milk (unsweetened)
- 31g Almond Protein Powder
- 67g Dextrose
- 15g Stabilizer 2000
- 400g Granulated Sugar
- 220g Hazelnut Paste
- 75g deZaan Rich Terracotta Cocoa Powder
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients and reserve.
- Boil the hazelnut milk to 45°/113°F.
- Add it to the dry ingredients. Blend thoroughly with an immersion blender to ensure no clumping.
- Cook the ice cream mixture to 82°C/179°F.
- Remove from the heat and strain into a heatproof container.
- Cool down to 4°C/39°F as quickly as possible.
- Churn to preference and transfer immediately to piping bags.
- Reserve in the freezer. Refer to the assembly section for further instructions.
- 200g Crushed Caramelized Hazelnuts
- Prepare a bowl with approx. 200g of crushed caramelized hazelnuts.
- Prepare a station to fill the cannoli shells as quickly as possible.
- Fill the shells with ice cream and quickly dip both sides into the hazelnuts.
- Reserve in the freezer until ready to serve.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how