- 475g Flour
- 50g deZaan True Gold Cocoa Powder
- 2g Baking Soda
- 400g Butter
- 100g Coconut Yogurt
- 400g Granulated Sugar
- 100g Pineapple Puree
- 30g Poppy Seed
- 250g Eggs
- Sift all the dry ingredients excluding sugar. Reserve until ready to use.
- In a mixing bowl, add butter, yogurt, and sugar. Mix until light and slightly fluffy.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Add the eggs and puree. Mix until combined.
- Bake in a loaf pan with tube insert (creating a hole throughout whole cake) at 165ºC/329ºF for approx. 30-40 minutes (checking for readiness).
- 100g Granulated Sugar
- 500g Pineapple (fresh and diced)
- In a saucepan, add sugar and pineapple. Cook until the pineapple is cooked through.
- Once cooked, transfer the compote to a heat proof container and let it cool down completely.
- Transfer to a piping bag and fill the center of the cake.
- 120g deZaan Stellar Cocoa Butter
- 120g Granulated Sugar
- 120g Milk Powder
- Yellow Food Coloring (optional)
- 50g Poppy Seeds
- Melt the cocoa butter over a bain-marie to 45ºC/113ºF.
- Add sugar, milk powder, and food coloring (optional). Blend with an immersion blender until smooth (careful not to add any air into the glaze).
- Add back to the bain-marie and bring back up to 50ºC/122ºF.
- Take off the heat and fold in the poppy seeds. Use immediately or reserve in the refrigerator until ready to glaze.
- Warm up the reserved glaze to 45ºC/113ºF for glazing.
- Pineapple Chips (for decoration)
- Once all the components are made and the cake has been filled with pineapple compote, place the cake on a rack and glaze.
- Finish with pineapple chips.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how