- In a container, blend the water, salt, non-fat dry milk powder, and sugar until dissolved.
- Blend in the cocoa powders, stabilizer, and glucose syrup until dissolved.
- Lastly, blend in the cream and vanilla extract. Allow the base to sit overnight.
- Blend the base once more right before spinning.
- Let the ice cream set in the freezer for 15 minutes before piping into 40g molds.
- 200g Pistachios (roasted)
- 100g Caramelized Sugar
- 1g Sea Salt
- 5g Vanilla Paste
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- 160g Rice Flour
- 180g Water
- 400g Granulated Sugar
- Combine the rice flour and water into a paste. Steam for 20 minutes.
- Mix in the sugar in 3 additions.
- Knead on a rice-floured surface and roll out to ½ cm thickness.
- Cut out with a circle cutter and keep covered until needed.
- In a silicone mold about 40 g in size, pipe 10 g of the pistachio praline in the base. Tap down to smooth out. Freeze until firm.
- Next, pipe in the carbon black ice cream to the top and smooth out the top, and freeze.
- Unmold the ice cream once set and enrobe in the mochi.
- Keep frozen to serve.
Do you Know Cocoa?
The deZaan cocoa handbook developed exclusively for chefs and artisans is out now!
Excel your cocoa knowledge and be inspired with our distinguished book, meticulously developed by expert chefs and combining 110 years of cocoa knowledge.
Providing an abundance of cocoa knowledge and guidance, our just launched Know Cocoa book is going to be a firm favorite on your shelves and screens for 2023 and beyond. It’s the guide you’ve been waiting for. Excel your cocoa knowledge with deZaan and be excited!
deZaan is putting cocoa powder at the forefront of the table. With this range chefs can understand the ingredients at a more intimate level, which offers better control when creating new flavors, colors, and textures.
In our chef-led book, you will be given the scoop on:
- Revelatory cocoa cooking tips from our expert chefs and chef partners
- The six elements of cocoa powder and why they matter
- The difference pH and fat content can make for precision in your recipes
- The story of cocoa powder from bean to shelf
- How to convert recipes from chocolate to cocoa powder
- Original flavor pairings
- 27 foundational and inspirational recipes including technical deep dives
- A plethora of technical cocoa knowledge and know-how